[Foundation-l] cross posted emails

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Wed Oct 6 02:13:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:08 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> cross-posted emails

[..]

> Subject: [Wikiquote-l] ...

It changes for me with like every e-mail, Philippe's most recent
e-mail got "Wikiversity-l" for me. :-)

> I'm guessing this is controlled by the mailing list software.

It's not; actually, it's controlled by your mail provider -- gmail.
AFAIK, you actually get like 9 copies of the mail from the mailing
list software (one from each list), and gmail just hides all of the
duplicates from you.  I think the one message that you do end up
seeing is the one you received first, or maybe gmail just randomly
picks one.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023