[Foundation-l] Please delete mo. wikipedia

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Tue Oct 5 20:50:19 UTC 2010

  An'n 05.10.2010 22:24, hett M. Williamson schreven:
> 2010/10/5 Gerard Meijssen<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
>> Hoi,
>> Technically it is easier to transliterate from Cyrillic. So when
>> transliteration works in a round robin fashion, it does not really matter in
>> what script people edit. It will only be stored in one script. The choice
>> for a script can be based on a user setting or on the method access to the
>> information was sought.
>> Thanks,
> Gerard, I am aware of all this, however in the proposals of Marcus
> there is constant mention of a "read-only" Cyrillic portal rather than
> a "round robin" transliteration program which enables editors to
> create content in Cyrillic which is saved to the database in Latin.
>
> -m.
I'm trying to promote a solution that _works_. If you want a solution
where Cyrillic users can participate on par with Latin users you need
the support of the Latin users. I'm sure you won't get that support. You
can critizise ro.wp for being unwilling to give that support but that
won't change anything about it. If you try to impose something on them
that can break the ro.wp community. If just 2% of all active ro.wp
Wikipedians leave the project in disagreement about the issue that's
twice as worse as if the 1% Romanian speakers of Transnistria are unable
to participate.

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox