[Foundation-l] Please delete mo. wikipedia

Mariano Cecowski marianocecowski at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Oct 4 08:39:45 UTC 2010

--- El lun 4-oct-10, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> escribió:

> Is there any opposition to naming such a temporary project
> ro-cyrl?
> In your proposal, the converter would eventually be
> available (as a user pref) on ro.wp?

The problem with the converter is that it only works for visualization.
As it was pointed out before (I don't remember by whom), readers will have the option to visualize the content in Cyrillic, but editors are forced to use one single alphabet in an article.

This might not be a problem in the Serbian Wikipedia, but I think it might be in this case when Romanian in Cyrillic is considered insulting by an important part of the editors.

Would it be possible to change the source for editing and then back to be stored? I can think of a couple of problems to solve, including image and template names, or language links, but all of them should be solvable, and that should keep everyone happy, right?

Cheers,
MarianoC.-