[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 22:13:49 UTC 2010

In a message dated 10/3/2010 9:59:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dgerard at gmail.com writes:

> No, "built by the masses" was not the intent. The goal was to build an
> encyclopedia. It turns out the masses are fantastically useful in
> this, but claiming that was a goal is simply factually inaccurate. So
> I must say, in response to this remarkable claim: citation needed.

It's self-evident :0
Calling it the "encyclopedia which anyone can edit" implies the "intent"
not goal as you stated, that we desire anyone to actually edit it.
Not just understand that they could and yet they won't and we don't
actually want them to....

Apparently, the project wants the masses to edit it, or are you claiming
that that's just a false slogan to make a marketing point?