[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 3 17:23:14 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony" <wikimail at inbox.org>
To: "Peter Damian" <peter.damian at btinternet.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

>>In my experience by "verifiability", Wikipedians mean "published
somewhere", not "verifiably true".

No the published source must be reliable as well. Otherwise published
sources on holocaust denial could be cited as if factually true (or rather,
verifiable) in Wikipedia.

Geni:
>>However it fundamentally fails to explain why other areas of the
>>humanities such as those covered by
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Military_history/Maritime_warfare_task_force/Operation_Majestic_Titan

This is not a humanities subject, nor does it have the problem that Sarah
has been talking about, which is a horde of editors without any training in
the subject being aggressively stupid, to use David's happy phrase.