[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 3 15:55:39 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "SlimVirgin" <slimvirgin at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

>>>I can think of a very labour-intensive change -- a project to raise
awareness of the importance of philosophy, and what constitutes a
philosophical issue, and that there are academic sources devoted to
dealing with them. But that's a project that would need academic
philosophers to create it. And it would be a contentious project at
times, because we'd be trying to claim back certain topics from other
hands -- from scientists, for example.

How do we attract the philosophers back once they've gone almost
entirely? I don't know.
<<<

How about some of the ideas I suggested earlier?  Starting with a keynote
statement from Jimbo, followed by some initiatives?  Preferably in the
media, and preferably with some modest support from WMF.  Views?