[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 2 09:28:21 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

> That [...] doesn't answer the question I asked:
> *what* about the approach in this paper wouldn't work for philosophy,
> in your opinion? Please be specific.
>
> http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pcbi.1000941

On the assumption that there is negative answer to Step 1 - namely, there is
a serious problem with the content and quality of philosophy articles in
Wikipedia (I think you agree that is not in doubt), then the answer is
clearly that none of these approaches have worked so far for philosophy,
either singly or collectively.  Does that answer your question?  The answer
seemed so obvious that I didn't give it.

I suppose you will reply that it is in some way the fault of the
philosophers.  This, as I poetically suggested, would be like blaming the
plants that didn't like acid soil, for not growing in my garden.  I repeat:
it is unfair to blame the plants.  Find out the problem with the garden or
its environment or its soil or whatever, and try to fix that if possible.  I
found the article here quite helpful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walled_garden

Wtih every kind wish,

Peter