[Foundation-l] Corporate Social Responsibility

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 00:05:20 UTC 2010

On 19 November 2010 18:39, Noein <pronoein at gmail.com> wrote:

> <Several posts about disclosure of salaries and other personal information
> of employees past and present of the WMF>

Noein, I believe you will find the answers you seek in the latest 503(c)
filing that the WMF has published.  The WMF met the legislated requirements
for reporting of salaries of certain individuals as well as the overall
payroll. I'm not personally going to go looking for that document, but it's
on the WMF website and I'm pretty sure someone reading this can provide you
with a direct link. I don't recall who was on that list, other than Sue
Gardner.

I'm also not going to guess what the reporting requirements are for the US
government without the documents in front of me, but I'll note that other
jurisdictions require either disclosure of the individual salaries of X
number of the highest paid employees or, in some cases, of each employee
earning over Y amount. I've seen a fair number of these sorts of fiduciary
declarations made under various local laws for non-profits and charities,
and none of them require the public disclosure of each individual employee's
salary.

I hope you will agree that the reporting made under the applicable
government legislation and regulation should probably be the place where the
personal privacy/public information line should be drawn, because it is
consistent across the entire non-profit sector.

So...could someone please add a link to the latest filing? Thanks.

Risker/Anne