[Foundation-l] Donor comments?

Michael Snow wikipedia at frontier.com
Fri Nov 19 20:30:11 UTC 2010

On 11/19/2010 12:12 PM, Keegan Peterzell wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 12:33 PM, Renata St wrote:
>> Thanks Sara. I was looking for that thinking that somebody already asked the
>> q.
>> That is so weird.... I would have never thought it would reduce
>> donations....
>>
>> Another q: are you going to have matching donations? If yes, I will wait to
>> make mine. If not, I'll contribute now.
>>
>> Renata
> We absolutely take matching donations, more information can be found on
> the WMF website itself:
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/Match_Your_Gift/en
>
> Thank you for your questions!
I think there's some confusion here, I assume Renata was referring to
having an organization that would match all donations for a certain day
or week, as has happened in some of our past fundraisers. That link is
information for people whose employers have a gift-matching program as
one of their employee benefits, which can cover donations made at any
time, even if they are not made during the current contributions campaign.

--Michael Snow