[Foundation-l] Paid editing comes of age

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 23:09:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

>> I could find anything wrong in their code of ethics
>> http://www.wikipediaexperts.com/codeofethics.html
>>
>> --
>> Amir E. Aharoni
>>

> Neither do I, which bodes problems for the business. They hire you to
> break Wikipedia rules, not follow them. The question remains: is paid
> editing which does conform to Wikipedia policies and guidelines
> acceptable, even welcome?

We have 'paid editing', 'COI editing' and 'POV editing' happening all
the time.  We deal with it.

We should be less concerned about the motivation, and more concerned
about the output.

A fringe academic pushing their theories is just as bad as a corporate
shill, if not worse.

Am I 'paid editing' when I write articles during 9-5 ?  Is that bad?

--
John Vandenberg