[Foundation-l] Paid editing comes of age

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 23:01:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM, masti <mastigm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/18/2010 12:30 PM, wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk wrote:
>> Any one signed up yet?
>> http://www.ereleases.com/pr/visibility-wikipedia-easier-43135
>>
> I'm not able to find it now but there was an article form marketing/PR
> professionals to fellow marketeers describing why not to do exactly this
> what is offered here.
>
> The result of such editing is usually not worth ruining the reputation
> if the articles are marked as spam.
>
> What they offer is to write them in a way it will not be easily
> dicovered. And that is braking our rules.

Where do they say that?

Their code of ethics is much like the OTRS practises.

http://wikipediaexperts.com/codeofethics.html

Of course our OTRS practises are .. in practise by openly disclosed
OTRS volunteers, and we have no idea how well wikipediaexperts works
in practise or who they are in our wikis, editing our articles.

I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, but someone
(WMF?) should ask them to provide a sample of their work for review.

--
John Vandenberg