[Foundation-l] Open and transparency or not

K. Peachey p858snake at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 16 01:02:52 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Tomasz Finc <tfinc at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> ...snip...
> One of the things that was mentioned to us as we were working on the project was to not give fraudsters the exact recipe of how the system worked. Since we knew that we'd be checking our code into the production svn depots we chose to move the project page to somewhere that was not available to fraudsters. This wasn't done to prevent anyone from participating as we posted on the blog in order to keep everyone updated.
> ...snip...
> --tomasz
That seems like a kinda cop out answer, because those
documentation/project pages[1] hardly ever have a depth of technical
details apart from links to etherpad discussions and the code is
already in our public SVN repos which is where anyone (well I know I
would) would look for info if they planned to work on our new methods
to calculate methods of scamming the system.
-Peachey
[1]. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMF_Projects