[Foundation-l] Report from Day 1 of technical testing

Andrew Garrett agarrett at wikimedia.org
Sun Nov 14 00:27:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Philippe Beaudette
<pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> In the last 22 hours, we've accepted about $510,000 directly to the Foundation.  I don't yet have numbers from the chapters to report.  The Foundation's donors alone represent nearly 19,000 individual donors.

My congratulations to Philippe, the rest of the community team at the
Foundation, and all of the volunteers who have helped get the
fundraiser to this stage.

For us to earn $516,882 on the very first full day of the fundraiser
(a pre-launch day no less) is nothing short of outstanding; and, if my
suspicions are correct, it's not going to be the biggest day of the
fundraiser, either.

So congratulations, and keep up the good work! I and many others will
be watching and hoping that you can make our launch day a Million
Dollar Monday.

--
Andrew Garrett
http://werdn.us/