[Foundation-l] PediaPress

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 18:00:09 UTC 2010

On 13 November 2010 17:53, Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm all for that. But, did anyone actually ask the Foundation to have
> his button included there (besides spammers et al.)? It's not like an
> email is hard to write...

Robert Horning has noted in this very thread:

===
Based upon my own experience, I tried to get into the printed Wikimedia
game at about the same time as PediaPress first started to get involved,
but was openly dismissed and in fact my efforts thwarted.  I admit that
the group I was working with at the time wasn't quite thinking of the
direction that PediaPress went with their tool chain and there were some
differences, but in the end it does explain some of the reception we got
from the WMF board in terms of support for our little project (made up
of mainly volunteers from Wikibooks at the time).

There have been other groups who have tried to get into the role of
printing materials from Wikimedia projects besides PediaPress, and I
think it is disingenuous to suggest that the relationship is
non-exclusive.  At the very least, the process for getting accepted as
"an approved partner" has been very murky at best and seems more like
political back scratching.
===

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-November/062385.html

I leave the question of disingenuity to the reader.

- d.