[Foundation-l] Should we offer to host citizendium?

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 07:34:05 UTC 2010

Oh certainly, Jussi-Ville, I think it would be the noble thing to do.  In
theory.  When it comes to practice, I'm not so sure.

Uncyclopedia's model happened to work out and it got passed along.  But that
was six years ago.  In 2010 (almost 2011), what is the impact aside from
Doing the Right Thing®?  I think we should do the right thing.  I am not we.
 This thread seems responsive to the idea, so I'm just playing devil's
advocate.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Keegan Peterzell <keegan.wiki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > We did that with Uncyclopedia.  Wikimedia hosted it until Wikia was
> formed.
> >  And we're talking Uncyclopedia here.  It's satirical value had...value.
> >  Not quite as funny anymore.
> >
> > I would prefer CZ to use Wikia, which I don't think that they would ever
> do
> > by the for-profit nature and relation to Jimbo.  CZ is not quite the wiki
> > culture that we have adopted and groomed for a Wikimedia project; it's
> > Nupedia.  So, realistically I don't quite see the meta community and the
> > board adopting CZ.  But it is an interesting concept, and it is not
> > difficult for such a small project to find drastically cheaper hosting
> > costs.
> >

> There should be no problem with wikipedians having a perfectly
> unofficial whip-around get the citizendians over their rough patch
>

> --
> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen, ~ [[User:Cimon Avaro]]

~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan