[Foundation-l] Should we offer to host citizendium?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Nov 12 22:24:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:05 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> WMF are running a huge fundraising appeal now.  We can easily spare
> $2100 in order to pay for their current hosting arrangements for the
> next three months, which should give them sufficient time to get
> themselves back on their feet again.

As I've pointed out above, "they" don't even seem to yet exist, and
"they" are certainly not a 501(c)(3) organization.

Right now one of their members, Milton Beychok, is collecting
donations in his personal Paypal account.  He's already collected over
$800.  That should be more than enough to 1) pay for hosting for a
couple months, 2) set up a non-profit organization, and maybe even 3)
start the process of applying for 501(c)(3) status (which Dr. Sanger
claimed to have started in October 2006).