[Foundation-l] PediaPress

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Fri Nov 12 07:29:12 UTC 2010

Ting Chen wrote:
> I would put it somehow differently. If Virgin Ventures has a tool with
> which a newbie (or also an oldbie) can in a very intuitive way construct
> a well formatted article from the scrap, so something like that magic
> editor we had talked about for long time and never realized until now,
> and it is open source, I would certainly consider a button in the
> toolbox like "Use the wizard to start an article".

I don't understand this. Why are you suggesting that an article wizard tool
is comparable to the submission form/human work combination that PediaPress
uses?

PediaPress takes the user input and then humans create and ship a book.
Sarah is suggesting taking user input and then having humans create and
publish an article. There isn't a requirement that magic be involved, though
I think it's reasonable to say that the form submission code should be open
source. If the form submission code were open source, would it be acceptable
to put a link to such an article-writing service on every page?

MZMcBride