[Foundation-l] naming of things in kosovo

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:26:33 UTC 2010

Hi there, I have seen a big problem in getting people to contribute in
kosovo to wikipedia
except the Kosovo article, there they dont call in *Kosovo and Metohija*i,
so I think there is a president for the english and albanian names in
wikipedia.
most of the names are in serbian, with strange characters that I cannot even
type.
this offends most contributors and prevents locals from contributing.
also the serbs erase all albanian names from the referring links so I cannot
even find what I am looking for.
I would like to start to rename the articles to the albanian english
spellings with normal typiable characters. Ideally we would use the albanian
names and encourage the locals to edit. Right now there is a minority serb
group that is making life unpleasant for the local contributors.
see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gjeravica

can someone guide me on this.
thanks,
mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania flossk.org