[Foundation-l] preferences statistics

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:51:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> Are there statistics about users' preferences on Wikimedia sites?

Not really.

> For example, a statistic that would say things like how many users use every
> skin and how many users have "Show preview before edit box" disabled.
>
> Correct me if i'm wrong, but the defaults for new users never seem to change
> (except the Vector skin recently) and maybe we could learn something from
> these stats.

Preferences stats are cool. And since Roan finished converting everyone out
of the old user_options column and into the user_props table, it makes it a w
hole lot easier to measure these things.

So we can do things like change defaults.

Or even better, remove crappy preferences that most nobody uses \o/

-Chad