[Foundation-l] the annual advertisement discussion

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 20:37:49 UTC 2010

Hoi,
My bad it is indeed CC-by-nd..

The question why we do not advertise is what is rehashed every year. For me
there is little mileage in it. I care more about realising our ambitions, I
care about getting our message out. In my opinion we can improve our
messaging a lot. When people say that the WMF is transparent, they are
right. We fail however in having our message heard. When we hire new people,
people like Alolita for instance, we hire someone who we should be proud
of.  Proud that she wants to work with us.

Many great activities are happening in our chapters. Learning about these
activities is inspiring. When we know what fun can be had, we can learn from
each other and reduce the amount of overhead and concentrate on where we
make a difference.

Another aspect that is missing in annual advertisement discussion is what we
should do with the money.. Assuming that we make a huge amount of money, I
have blogged about that as well.
Thanks,
      GerardM

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2010/11/effect-of-100m-in-advertisement-money.html