[Foundation-l] Evil Book

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 06:49:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> My thought was for the Foundation to approach Amazon regarding carrying
> listings of such books which seriously represent their content. as this
> one does. Such a book approaches fraud.

Agreed. There is no *obligation* for Amazon to distribute netscrapings. Though
I do agree also that repeated "caveat emptor" messages disseminated as broadly
as posible (maybe a mantra in interviews given by Foundation actors to major
media?) may be the most efficacioius and with least of a downsde. People out
there don't like litigitous whiners.

Another thing that might shut this stuff down, or atleast make people more
savvy in judging what quality they are getting, would be if we finally got some
dead tree stuff out there with the WMF trademark on them for real.