[Foundation-l] preferences statistics

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Mon Nov 1 13:10:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 14:26, Ashar Voultoiz <hashar+wmf at free.fr> wrote:

> On 01/11/10 08:47, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
> > Are there statistics about users' preferences on Wikimedia sites?
> >
> > For example, a statistic that would say things like how many users use every
> > skin and how many users have "Show preview before edit box" disabled.
>
> I have wrote one a few years ago which might suit your needs. It is in
> the maintenance directory and would need a shell access to run:
>
>    maintenance/userOptions.php --usage

Thank you. Can someone run it on some of Wikimedia's wikis to see how
many users actually like the current defaults and how many users
change them? It would be also nice to do it for the recently active
users, as much as it is possible.

--
אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי · Amir Elisha Aharoni
http://aharoni.wordpress.com