[Foundation-l] Legal requirements for sexual content -- help, please!

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Sat May 22 00:11:23 UTC 2010

 Your over-broad reading of this law would effectively gut
 that other law which states that a "host" company is not responsible for what people are hosting.

Wouldn't it?  Unless you're going to support what appears to be an unsupportable platform that "child porn" (or whatever you want to call it) is somehow different from any other type of content such as snuff films or instructions on how to build a fertilizer bomb or detailed plans for the assassination a leading figure.

 Surely you can see that the obvious way these two laws would fit together is that a hosting company is not a producer, assembler, manufacturer, etc etc etc.  Hosting companies enjoy the broadest exemption from any law targeting publishers.

To me, that's the obvious just position.