[Foundation-l] Legal requirements for sexual content -- help, please!

wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk
Fri May 21 20:11:28 UTC 2010

David Goodman wrote:
> all of these problems are with other people than us.  Our copyright
> license permits commercial use, and does not apply to any potential
> problems other than copyright.  This has nothing to do with our
> licensing.  The reason nobody has answered this before is that it is
> irrelevant
>
> The responsibility for following the law in uploads is with the
> uploaders.  It would however be good to alert them to the potential
> problem.

That in essence is the problem. A whole bunch of people promote
something called Wikimedia Foundation which says it owns and operates a
number of sites.

http://www.wikimedia.org/

and when anything controversial happens, whenever any one comes
knocking, everyone runs for a bolt hole, or looks shifty and muttering
"we got nuffin to do with it".

Its a tactic that allows Faux News to cast the Foundation as
irresponsible jerks.