[Foundation-l] pediapress in English... and in hardcover?

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Mon May 17 08:43:28 UTC 2010

Hi there,

2010/5/9 Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Mike.lifeguard <mike.lifeguard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 37-01--10 03:59 PM, Samuel Klein wrote:
>>> Lost in the recent email flood: pediapress is fully working for
>>> English.
>>>
>>> http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/06/wikipedia-and-pediapress-now-allow-you-to-create-books-from-content-in-english/
>>>
>>>  Does anyone have photos of prototype hardcover books?
>

>> Are the hardcover books new? IIRC, they were only paperback when this
>
> Not quite there yet.
>
>> was first introduced. But I'd be surprised if they didn't have some
>> images for promotional purposes. I don't suppose we could ask them
>> oh-so-nicely to release them under a free license? :D
>
> Well, given that all the other ones have always been released under a
> free license, I don't see why not ;)
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:PediaPress
>
> I've asked for a pic of a hard cover. I'll upload it to commons.

As promised, here is a taste of what it will look like. PediaPress is
still experimenting with the whole thing and those pics are not of the
best quality, but it's a start.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pediapress_couleur_inside.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tranche_pediapress_book.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pediapress_hardcover_sample.jpg