[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Visual impairment

K. Peachey p858snake at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 16 03:09:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com> wrote:
> In theory, yes.  Someone needs to provide the code, though.  For now,
> people who want to sign up and can't solve a captcha can request that
> an admin make an account for them, like people whose IP addresses are
> blocked.  I think enwiki has a toolserver project dedicated to that.

The en.wikipedia project for that resides at [[WP:ACC]](1), The
toolserver system from memory is a request type system (although that
may of changed since I last looked), where as the actual accounts are
created on site using the [[Special:CreateAccount]](2) special page,
there is a limit for that system so that a user may only create so
many accounts per hour, but we do (or did) have a override for that

(1). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:ACC
(2). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:UserLogin/signup

-Peachey