[Foundation-l] Along with Vector, a new look for changes to the Wikipedia identity

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:28:17 UTC 2010

Jay Walsh wrote:
> Right now volunteers are working with the new localization guide to create the hundreds of new identities needed for each language variation of Wikipedia. You can see the Commons gallery filling up here:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia/2.0

This should the lesser of our concerns.
This is a SVG. The file should contain the text in editable form (in
Wikipedia-logo-v2-blueprint.svg it is stored as paths).
Creating pngs becomes automatic. Moreover, I don't see the point of
uploading hundreds of pngs. The backend should be able to handle it just
fine. Localization would be placing the localized "The Free
Encyclopedia" text in the appropiate place.

Now we should focus on making it look good, getting all the feedback
that is coming from them, so that we can eg. make it larger.

For instance, I would make darker the border of the upper right piece.
Compared with the old one, it looks "too flat".