[Foundation-l] A Board member's perspective

K. Peachey p858snake at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 11 22:32:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Stuart West <stuwest at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...snip...
> Jimmy acknowledged this wasn't right and I respect his apology.
> ...snip...
> - stu
You mean his little smug little reply that it was a press stunt?[1][2]
and saying that it was a urgent matter[3] (yes! because starting a
huge delete purge after being in the news is such great press!) and
then actievly and publicly approving of the weelwarring he was
particpating in over the deletion of the images[4]m oh and deleting
images he knew would be restored[5] (Can't get much more pressey than
that!).

Then when people suggested he talk to the community involved (Commons)
on wiki he publicly said he has[6], Yeah telling them to basically to
stfu till after the matter is over and out of the press (I'm sure
someone can find those diff's if your intrested since i'm out).  Then
also mentioning that it was a method to start "much" needed discussion
on wiki about the content[7], Yes! because no one would consider
starting discussion on wiki first before drawing their guns and start
shooting?

-Peachey

[1]. http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-May/057896.html
[2]. http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-May/058086.html