[Foundation-l] Spectrum of views (was Re: Sexual Imagery on Commons: where the discussion is happening)

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Tue May 11 15:08:37 UTC 2010

On 11/05/10 23:56, Mike Godwin wrote:
> That's a feature, not a bug. If there is a compromise that "pleases" some
> factions but not others, it's not exactly a compromise, is it?

The trick is to find a compromise which pleases both factions, or at
least upsets both equally.

In particular, I think there is potential for some very shaky and
tentative common ground, in the area of parental control over young
children. Libertarians might be convinced to make an exception to
their principles for that case, which would open up room for small but
valuable concessions to conservatives.

-- Tim Starling