[Foundation-l] "Filtering" ourselves is pointless

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:44:20 UTC 2010

On 11 May 2010 04:15, Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com> wrote:
> BBC got the story from Fox. There would have been a Fox story regardless,
> and I wouldn't assume that BBC would not have picked up the more
> sensationalistic story that Fox was hoping to run.

The BBC heard about the story from Fox. They then went and did their
own research and produced a factually accurate article. It's not a
good article for us because the facts are bad - infighting always is.
Had Jimmy done nothing, the BBC may still have picked up the Fox story
but they would have still done their own research and produced a
factually accurate article. In that case, the facts would have been
reasonably good (most people are in favour of NOT:CENSORED) and we
would have ended up with a good article for us.