[Foundation-l] "Filtering" ourselves is pointless

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Mon May 10 22:56:59 UTC 2010

> Fox News (or at least this reporter and her editors) have dedicated
> themselves to damaging Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects. This is a
> given, and it is evident from their behavior. *Any* followup story would
> have demonstrated what these days in the U.S. we are calling "epistemic
> closure" -- all results will be interpreted as validation of cherished
> theories.

> --Mike

Yeh, and there is not a thing we can do about it, because under our
editing policies our article on Foz News will be very unpleasant reading
for them.

I do think we need to sort out some of these issues:

One: are any of them actually illegal?

Two: Do we need legal documentation with respect to pictures of people?

Three: Is there legal material we should not host?

Four: Should we offer a sanitized version for children? Or anyone else?

Fred