[Foundation-l] "Filtering" ourselves is pointless

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:59:50 UTC 2010

Sure Mike, we were going to get bad press from Fox News no matter what
we did. You're clearly right about that, and I don't think anyone
would disagree with you. I'm not seeing how you go from that position
to endorsing (or at least defending against criticism) the panicked
response from Jimmy and the board. Reason would suggest that if we
can't change the message from Fox News, urgent action that earns
universal condemnation (as opposed to just condemnation from Fox) is
the wrong way to go. Now, instead of just further bad press from Fox,
we've got Jimmy giving up his founder status, a large group of angry
contributors, *and* more bad press from Fox. How is that defensible,
given that the outcome was predictable?

Nathan