[Foundation-l] "Filtering" ourselves is pointless

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:35:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you point me to major media entities....
>
> --Mike

well for a slightly more entertaining news version you could see :
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/05/child-pornography-at-the-center-of-intra-wikipedia-warfare.html

<http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/05/child-pornography-at-the-center-of-intra-wikipedia-warfare.html>I
particularly liked
 "Sanger took his
case<http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/27/wikipedia-child-porn-larry-sanger-fbi/>
Fox News, a sort of people’s encyclopedia of dispassionate cynicism"

well then again this is the same group that wrote
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/04/whats-the-point-of-having-a-source-if-youre-just-going-to-pretend-it-says-something-else-wikipedia-editors-and-justin-bieber-fans-battle-for-control-of-justin-bieber-wikipedia-page.html
where
it decided that it had to put [sic] on “added move [sic] protection.” since
obviously we meant more (yes they did indeed add move protection).

James Alexander
james.alexander at rochester.edu
jamesofur at gmail.com
100 gmail invites and no one to give them to :( let me know if you want one
:)