[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva tolkiendili at gmail.com
Mon May 10 18:03:23 UTC 2010

2010/5/10 Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>:

> I sincerely don't personally care much about Muhammad pictures, for
> example. If people decided to delete them, I would simply think they
> are too afraid of offending, but I wouldn't care that much. (I know
> that being very notable and encyclopedic, the pictures themselves
> might have their own article, so it's not like they are going to be
> deleted anyway)
>
> But some people (Like Ayaan Hirsi Ali) would be harshly offended by
> deletion of those pictures. It might sound funny, but not accepting
> Islam rules on non-muslim contexts is very important to her (being a
> vocal ex-muslim, she received multiple death threats, and the director
> of a short documentary her wrote was killed). I would show opposition
> to this kind of deletion, but just because I'm a lot influenced by her
> (and dislike deletionism in general)

This was maybe confuse. The message I was trying to convey is:

a) For some people including nudity (in especial en masse) is offensive
b) For some people including depictions of Muhammad is offensive
c) For some people removing nudity (in especial en masse) is offensive
(eg. me :)
d) For some people removing depictions of Muhammad is offensive (eg. for Ayaan)

--
Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>