[Foundation-l] Towards actual clean-up...

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Mon May 10 00:33:42 UTC 2010

I expected, in fact, a considerably lower figure, perhaps 25%, so it
It seems to me that 50% being used is a very high proportion ,
indicating good selectivity.

 A secondary purpose of Commons in for material to be used
elsewhere--have we any way for checking that?   I'd even say that the
true success of Commons is when the material there is used elsewhere,
not just in Wikimedia projects..

I interpret your number as a demonstration that there is no serious
problem of excess on this particular topic. Perhaps other topics in
the field will be lower or higher--my guess is that all or almost will
be higher, because I think you have indeed selected the category most
likely to be abused,.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.