[Foundation-l] On problems in commons

marcos tal_tor9 at yahoo.es
Sun May 9 22:36:48 UTC 2010

Well, I understand you, but I think you don´t understand me...First i
write "the law"...If the laws of your country prohibit certain images,
wikimedia cannot go in opposition to these laws ... they will be able to
 be more just or fewer jousts, but  does not correspond to us to decide
on it.

Nobody, certainly, speaks here about scientific images,
though well it is true that there are persons to whom the image of a
penis can look like an offensive, but it is not this problem.

do not believe that there exists doubt that certain contents are not acceptable.
 The sexual relations adult - minor are not  acceptable, and it is like
that in a
 widespread majority of countries of the world and of peoples of the
world.

Probably it would be a good idea to make a kind of place reserved to deposit
there all these images, having good care of warning clearly to the whole
 world of which to enter this place could be opposite to the laws of
certain countries, that the content can offend the spectator and that
Wikimedia is not played the role responsible for the contents not of
whom sees them.

And not, the common sense can never be confused
with the censorship. For the former Romans, the censorship was not any
more than to form a judgment of a work or other one sews. For us it is
something upside-down, it is to manipulate the truth in order that
others could not know her.

But not the whole censorship is wrong,
 since not the whole knowledge is worth being known. In fact, so much in
 wikipedia as in commons already it is censured ... it was
 done before this problem and it will continue done .... so, perhaps is
not it a censorship to erase certain contents for considering them to be
 irrelevant? Or certain images for which they do not expire with the
legislation on copy-right of the country in question?

I also believe strongly in the right to choose, but I believe even stronger that not the whole world has the same aptitudes to choose ... the entire content of wikimedia is accessible to the whole world ... I have two daughters minors ... I would not like that they were agreeing to see images that are not prepared to see. Before the right to choose debit to there have been an education that it teaches to choose.

--- El dom, 9/5/10, Excirial <wp.excirial en gmail.com>