[Foundation-l] Potential ICRA labels for Wikipedia

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sun May 9 21:43:41 UTC 2010

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> This *HAS* been suggested before, and soundly defeated.
> Nothing has changed in this respect. I would heartfeltly ask
> that folks just quit trying to stuff this down the throat of a
> community that simply does not content labeling.

I don't see why the negative emphasis here.

Without taking a side about any particular types of imagery, labelling
should be regarded as metadata.  Ideally, all media should be
described by text, which should be regarded as simply another
dimension by which people can find media they want. The end user can
deal with images as they like, through semantic searching or through
content filtering.

-Stevertigo