[Foundation-l] Sexual Imagery on Commons: where the discussion is happening

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun May 9 21:45:00 UTC 2010

Hoi,
What I am missing is that Iran has blocked the whole Wikimedia domain as
Commons is included in that domain. I understand that the reason is there
being too much sexual explicit content.  As a consequence this important
free resource is no longer available to the students of Iran as a resource
for illustrations for their project work.

What I would like to know is if we have been talking to Iranian politicians
and / or if we have an understanding of what it takes to ensure that Commons
becomes available again.
Thanks,
      GerardM