[Foundation-l] On problems in commons

Peter Coombe thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Sun May 9 21:05:40 UTC 2010

We already remove images of children which are considered to be
illegal under US law, and I see no one arguing that we do otherwise.
The recent kerfuffle has been over the broader category of sexual
images. But if we are take account of all religious and moral
sensitivities, where will it end?

There are many countries in the world in which the depiction of the
prophet Muhammad is a crime, or religious systems see it as something
abominable.

We must respect these laws and these beliefs, whether we like them or not?

Pete / the wub