[Foundation-l] Potential ICRA labels for Wikipedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun May 9 20:06:11 UTC 2010

On 9 May 2010 20:46, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the first step towards censorship, and we should not take it.

Indeed. The initial impetus for this headless chicken moment was the
*existence* of the material on Wikimedia Commons, not that it wasn't
adequately classified.

It's already classified. The objection is that people could find it at all.

ICRA/PICS is a distraction. The issue is that we have this stuff at
all; people who object to it can't cope with that.

May I also suggest that doing *ANYTHING* because Fox News says to is
going to play very badly with people outside the US. If you want a
fork, this is the way to get it.

- d.