[Foundation-l] Final thoughts on Jimbo

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Sun May 9 15:39:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Adam Cuerden <cuerden at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's time to back away from this issue.  Jimbo may,
> technically, be able to restore his powers, however, if he decided to
> use them in order to  make another controversial action, they wouldn't
> last five minutes.

You may well be right, but you may well be wrong.  But it's not fair
to ask us to contribute our time, energy, and money to a project that
'may'  have an abusive superuser, ya know?   If the Wikimedia
Foundation  is going to continue to a functional relationship with its
projects, this needs to be resolved with absolute crystal clarify.

> Let the man save a little face, by doing this voluntarily instead of
> having it taken away by force. If nothing else, it avoids a bit of bad
> publicity for the project.

Here here.  Jimbo voluntarily resigning his flag would certainly be best.
But one way or the other,  Jimbo's founder flag IS going.  Nothing can
stop that anymore