[Foundation-l] Removing questions about me and my role from this discussion

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sun May 9 10:17:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia-inc.com> wrote:

> In the interest of encouraging this discussion to be about real
> philosophical/content issues, rather than be about me and how quickly I
> acted, I've just now removed virtually all permissions to actually do
> things from the "Founder" flag.  I even removed my ability to edit
> semi-protected pages!  (I've kept permissions related to 'viewing' things.)

You have kept 'protect', which I am guessing overrides the
'autoconfirmed' that you removed.

You have also kept 'Edit membership to global groups' and 'Manage
global groups', which means you can change these permissions at any
time.  When you have time, I think it is necessary to explain why you
need those, or to relinquish them.

--
John Vandenberg