[Foundation-l] What the board is responsible of (was Re: Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions)

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 09:42:49 UTC 2010

On 5/9/10 3:16 AM, Casey Brown wrote:
> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Mark Ryan<ultrablue at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I have to agree with you, Anthere. It's starting to look like over
>> time the role of the board has evolved from broad guidance and
>> administration to some sort of twisted version of enwp's Arbitration
>> Committee. When the board was first created, it wasn't particularly
>> political and its members were simply those who were most well-known
>> and respected from across the Wikimedia communities. Now, at least
>> some of the board members appear to be of the opinion that they have
>> become the ultimate arbiters of what should be included in Wikimedia
>> projects. They are not, and this will eventually become patently clear
>> to them when their seats are due for re-election.
>>

> Just throwing in a link to a page Anthere wrote summarizing the "role
> of a board member", which might be useful here:
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Board_member>
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023

Well, thank you for reminding us of this link explaining what the role
of a board member is and is not.

Just a clarification. I am not the author of this statement.

This statement comes from the board itself, and was crafted and
officially approved during a board meeting in June 2007.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Elections_to_the_board_(June_2007)

Anthere