[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Andrew Garrett agarrett at wikimedia.org
Sun May 9 07:25:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wedrna, later:
>> The *ONLY* rating and classification system that I can support
>> is a descriptive one. That is, it describes the nature of the
>> content, and allows humans or computers to filter it accordingly.
>> The infrastructure would be technically simple.
>
> Yes.  Our categorization system already exists and should suffice.

To be specific, the technical infrastructure would involve parser
functions which can apply ICRA tags to images, and can pass them
through to the articles in question. It could be implemented with
parser functions and the page_props table in an afternoon, taking no
more than a week to tweak and review.

If you want this functionality, you should look at implementing it, or
you should lobby the Foundation to support it with staff developer
time.

--
Andrew Garrett
http://werdn.us/