[Foundation-l] Threading

Svip svippy at gmail.com
Sat May 8 23:35:38 UTC 2010

On 9 May 2010 01:31, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:

> Even that solution sometimes creates new threads, for reasons unbeknownst to me.

This is usually related to an error in your mail client or the mailman
server.  It is usually a mail header (if you are using gmail, try
clicking near a mail (the arrow down) and select 'show original') that
tells whether it is a reply to another mail.

Sophisticated clients like pine or mutt can figure out to draw an
accurate tree.  Of course, gmail just renders its as a conversation,
which is fine too.

But digest is in this case the origin of this issue.  And even with
gmail, using digest makes no sense, since gmail can sort it better
than mailman in most cases.