[Foundation-l] Reflections on the recent debates

Adam Cuerden cuerden at gmail.com
Sat May 8 21:18:48 UTC 2010

Mr. Godwin, are you aware that, before Jimbo acted unilaterally, that
a discussion of policy had been opened by him, and was proceeding
towards something that had reasonable support, based on the legal
issues that he implied were the source  of his hurry to do something.

That was derailed by his actions, which also completely ignored the
evolving community decision, and has been completely derailed as it
turns out completely different motives (Public relations) were, in
fact, the real ones.

If you want policy discussions, first regain the trust of the
community Jimbo lied to in what turned out to be a sham effort to
develop a consensus policy about the reporting issues for photographic
and filmed pornography.

After actively deceiving us as to the reasons for a policy discussion,
Jimbo needs dealt with, and someone we can trust to play fair and give
us the actual reasons - and who won't pretend to be cooperating on
building policy, then ignore every single bit of community consensus -
because community consensus came down hard on the side of keeping
artworks - before we can go back to trying to restart a policy
discussion which began with active deceit of the community, first off
as to the reasons, and secondly, that it was a discussion.

We now are told this is a free speech issue.

So what policy