[Foundation-l] Reflections on the recent debates

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 17:52:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 08:48:29AM -0700, Mike Godwin wrote:

>  Jimmy's decision to intervene changed the narrative they were
>  attempting to create. So even if you disagree with some or all
>  of the particulars of Jimmy's actions, you may still be able to
>  see how Jimmy's actions, taken as a whole, created breathing
>  space for discussion of an issue on Commons that even many of
>  Jimmy's critics believe is a real issue.

I see that part,  and I agree. All of the thought processes
were dead on, up to the point where Jimmy actually decided on what
action he would take.

Hmm, maybe it's a question of him not having the right tools to solve
problems rapidly with minimal controversy.

Ah... I'm actually sort of good at this kind of thing, having mentioned
aspects of it in oft-quoted "essay"s (such as [[:en:WP:BRD]].
If people want, I could do a talk or workshop on that topic at
Wikimania? This might reduce wikidrama all around. ;-)

At the moment, Sj is working with the commons community to tidy up
the mess: worst case, it may require undeleting
*everything* and starting over. <yech>

Obviously, it would have been better and quicker to have done it
right the first time round, and it wouldn't have even taken much
more time at all.

Oh well. If all you've got is lemons, it's time to make lemonade
;-)

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72