[Foundation-l] Reflections on the recent debates

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 17:23:43 UTC 2010

I am amazed by the Keep votes the various deletion requests for images in the BDSM gallery -- files that are not actually used by any project -- are getting.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/2010/05/08#May_8

Editors are saying, with a straight face, that there is "no implied sexual activity" in BDSM images like http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Angel_BDSM.png and that images like http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BDSM_Preparation.png are not pornographic.

Andreas