[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Sat May 8 17:07:01 UTC 2010

Samuel Klein wrote:

> I don't think this is a technical issue at all.   Considering how
> flexible and reversible wiki-actions are, it seems eminently
> appropriate to me for the project founder to have 'unlimited
> technical power' on the projects -- just as you and all of our
> developers do, at a much higher level.

Deletions are easily reversible.  Multi-wiki image transclusion
removals, distrust in the Wikimedia Commons and resignations from
Wikimedia projects?  Less so.

> I'm not sure anyone has tried to address the role of developers
> through policy ;-)

If a developer were to engage in the type of behavior exhibited by Mr.
Wales, the resultant action would be swift and severe.

I've defended Jimbo in the past and even turned to him for guidance.
Unlike those are are merely angry at him (and in some cases, lashing
out in a nonconstructive manner), I'm truly disheartened.

David Levy