[Foundation-l] Board members positions toward Jimmy's last action

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:49:27 UTC 2010

On 8 May 2010 17:46, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as "which capacity", I think Jimmy's own statements make this
> abundantly clear regardless of what the PR spin says:
> "I am fully willing to change the policies for adminship (including
> removing adminship in case of wheel warring on this issue).", "I am in
> constant communication with both the board and Sue Gardner about this
> issue", and "Some things are simply going to be non-negotiable."

I've been working on the RationalWiki article on the decline and
all-but-collapse of Citizendium:
http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Citizendium - CZ now has less
contributors or actitvity than *Conservapedia*. And a lot of that was
due to hasty interventions from the founder. (Leading to this final
last-ditch attempt to drum up interest by attacking Wikipedia.)

I doubt Wikimedia is going to collapse soon, it's a bit big. But this
sort of thing drives away the community disproportionately.

- d.